Reading Notes: Seven Secrets of the Goddess, Part A

        The first video was very empowering for women. It suggests that one male is really all that is needed to keep a society going. It could be a lot of fun to write about such a society. Many men would be put through trials to find one to fertilize all of the women. The rest of the men would be workers. Obviously, I don’t think this is how our society should be and it would be horrible for everyone involved, but it’s definitely an interesting concept.
        The video’s explanations of the older concept of the words whore and virgin were very intriguing to me. I’d love to work with these concepts and maybe write of a woman who was “free” to reproduce with many men without judgement. It makes one wonder if a monogamy is the way our species is supposed to go. So, maybe in my story, polygamy would be accepted. Or maybe, no marriage at all would be fine. 


        Another story about a woman with teeth lining her vagina also interested me. I think I’ve heard of a movie with a similar concept, but I’d like to put my own spin on it. It would be possible to combine the ideas I’ve mentioned above into one story. A society as mentioned above would be entirely controlled by women. A group of strong but greedy men might stumble upon this society and try to conquer it. They’d recruit the other men in the society and convince them to overthrow the women that would be their subordinates in any other place. But when these men would try to take over and rape the women, they would be shocked to find that the women of this society had teeth in their vaginas. And these men would be castrated.
        The common theme of women being less than men makes me wonder why this was consistently the result. Could it not have gone the other way? Women could have printed text and created origin stories where men were the cause of all troubles. I’d like to write about such an alternate reality.



Bibliography: 7 Secrets of the Goddess by Devdutt Pattanaik

Image Information: Wedding Topper, Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a World Traveling Dog Loving Foodie

Comment Wall

My Favorite Place: Naples, Florida