Reading Notes: Mahabharata- Karmic Revolution, Part C

        I have always felt sympathy for Karna. He was hit with several bad hands in life, but didn't seem to be all that bad of a person. If things had gone differently, he could've been very successful and happy. I might rewrite his story so that he gets a happy ending. If Kunti had never given him up and if his teacher had not rejected him, things would've been very different. He could have become an even more incredible fighter. He would've had a much more respectable reputation.
        In the story of Drupad and Drona, a childhood promise is broken in the greed of adulthood. I think we make a lot of promises to other people and ourselves when we are children that are unrealistic to keep once we're older. I could write about two little girls, one a little wealthier than the other. The girl from the wealthier home would promise the other that, when she received a car from her parents for her 16th birthday, she would share it with the other girl. Of course, when this time came, they'd have grown apart. The less wealthy girl would have some kind of emergency and would ask her old friend for a ride. Their promise would be forgotten, feelings would be hurt, and revenge would be plotted.
        I love that Bhim was strong enough to physically support his entire family, guard them while they slept, and then walk miles to retrieve water for them. If that is not the ultimate protector I don't know what is. It reminds me a bit of a mother. Even the imagery of holding his brothers on his hips reminded me of a mom. So, I'd like to rewrite Bhim as an everyday mother doing the incredible things she does. She finds a way to carry all of her tired children through the day. She wakes throughout the night to check on her children. She works tirelessly to keep them nourished and hydrated.

        The main note taking strategy that I use is writing down possible ideas for stories. If I can come up with a few general plot outlines in my notes, it makes story writing easier later. I try to find at least one theme/character/concept that I found interesting from the stories I read to inspire me.



Bibliography: Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution by Epified

Image Information: Mother, Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a World Traveling Dog Loving Foodie

Comment Wall

My Favorite Place: Naples, Florida